Abigail takes an evidence-based, practical approach to nutrition, borrowing from Health at Every Size (HAES) and Intuitive Eating (IE) methodologies with a focus on nourishment as a form of self-care.
Abigail offers one-on-one nutrition counseling for adolescents and adults seeking help for:
- Weight Concerns and/or history of chronic dieting;
- Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating including binge eating disorder and bulimia;
- Chronic health conditions such as high cholesterol, prediabetes and PCOS; and
- Wellness Nutrition to support an active or chaotic lifestyle.
Initial in-person sessions run approximately 60 minutes and follow-up sessions are 45-50 minutes.
Video sessions are available; however, please note these are often not covered by health insurance.
In addition to accepting private pay, Abigail is contracted with the following insurance carriers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Tufts Health Plan*
- Neighborhood Health Plan
Please keep in mind that the above insurance carriers may have a different nutrition policy for each plan they offer. We ask that all new patients call the member services number on their insurance card to verify nutrition coverage.
Please find out the following prior to your first visit:
- Is a referral from my PCP required?
- How many visits will be covered?
- Will the cost of my appointments be applied toward my insurance plan's deductible? If so, how high is that deductible?
- What is my co-pay? (dietitians are typically considered specialists if your co-pay is tiered)
Don't let these questions confuse or overwhelm you. Typically one call to your insurance company is all it takes to answer them. If you have remaining questions, Abigail is happy to walk you through the process by phone when scheduling your initial consultation.
*Unfortunately, this does not include Tufts' public plans (e.g., Tufts Health Together/Direct).